Surprise everyone with delicious Reindeer Poop! Don’t worry, it’s not real. Corn pop cereal is made into a version of puppy chow to look like Reindeer Poop!
Reindeer Poop may look like poop, but I promise it smells and tastes delicious!
My girls LOVED making and eating this recipe, giggling the entire time. It’s the perfect Christmas recipe for the kids to get involved with making.
You don’t need an oven, the recipe is no-bake dessert, you just need a few minutes and a microwave! Bonus: It only uses 5 ingredients!
Reindeer Poop Ingredients
Reindeer Poop is made like another funny named recipe — Muddy Buddies or Puppy Chow (depending on where you are from!).
You only need 5 very simple ingredients – most of which I bet you already have in the pantry!
- Corn Pop Cereal
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Chips
- Cocoa Powder
- Powdered Sugar
If you want, you can use this same exact recipe to make SNOWMAN POOP!
Skip the cocoa powder and just use powdered sugar for the outside coating…and guess what, you made Snowman Poop instead!
How to make Reindeer Poop
Got 10 minutes to spare? Great, you have plenty of time to make Reindeer Poop!
Which also happens to be about the max of my kids attention span, so it works out perfectly. ;-)
To start, we melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter together in the microwave (or stove top) and coat the corn chips in the mixture.
Then we put the coated corn pops into a ziplock bag and add our powdered sugar and cocoa powder mixture.
SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE until the cereal is well coated. This is always the kids favorite part.
Then let it cool and it’s ready to be enjoyed!
How to store your Reindeer Poop
Store any leftovers in a ziplock bag or in any airtight container on the counter. It does not need to be refrigerated.
And no, it does not freeze well, this recipe is best made and enjoyed fresh. Luckily it’s very easy to make.
This also makes a great edible Christmas gift to give to your friends, family or neighbors along with more traditional Christmas cookies.
If you are looking for a fun kid friendly Christmas dessert recipe to make with the kids, I absolutely recommend trying this Reindeer Poop!
My girls loved it, I couldn’t keep my husband from eating it by the handfuls and I am excited to give it all to our neighbors for Christmas.
Don’t forget, you can also leave the cocoa powder out to create Snowman Poop as well!
Please leave a comment or review below letting me know how this recipe turns out for you.
Reindeer Poop Recipe
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups Corn Pops Cereal
- ¾ cup cocoa powder, dark for a darker look
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Set aside.
Melt peanut butter and chocolate together:
- Stovetop: in a double boiler over low heat, melt peanut butter and chocolate together and stir until smooth.
- Microwave: In the microwave safe bowl, add peanut butter and chocolate and microwave on high for 60 seconds and stir. Then continue in increments of 30 seconds, stirring after each, until mixture is melted and smooth.
- Add 3 cups of corn pops to a large bowl. Pour half of the chocolate/peanut butter mixture over the cereal.
- Add remaining corn pops to the bowl and then pour the rest of the chocolate/peanut butter mixture on top. Stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
- If there are pools of chocolate/peanut butter at the bottom of your bowl, add more corn pops 1/3 cup at a time until there is no extra pooling chocolate mixture.
- Transfer to an extra large ziplock bag. Pour cocoa powder mixture over corn pops in ziplock bag, seal, and shake until well coated. Pour out onto a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.