Looking for the best way to make roasted broccoli? Use the air fryer! This Air Fryer Asian Roasted Broccoli is fantastically flavorful, totally crispy, low carb and done in 15 minutes or less.
Crispy Air Fryer Asian Broccoli
You can do a LOT of things with broccoli. (Fry it, roast it, steam it, etc.) Personally, my favorite way to prepare it is in the air fryer. This recipe may be simple, but you wouldn’t know it from the taste. Crispy Air Fryer Asian Roasted Broccoli is seasoned with soy sauce, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and more!
Not only is it flavorful, it’s pretty healthy, too! You’ll only need 2 tablespoons of avocado oil to achieve the crispy texture when made in the air fryer. It’s still full of flavor, but it’s low in fat and carbs, making it fit almost any diet! It’s also a vegan and gluten free recipe, so everyone should be able to enjoy.
Air fryer broccoli can be enjoyed as a filling snack, or served as a quick and easy side with dinner. I honestly make it often with an egg roll for lunch. I just air fryer the frozen egg roll with the broccoli, for the last 4 minutes of cooking time! Either way, you’re bound to fall in love with this savory dish!
Why Use an Air Fryer to Roast Broccoli?
There are so many reasons! The best thing about roasting broccoli in the air fryer is that you get crispy broccoli every time, without using a ton of oil!
The texture will be the same as your regular oven-roasted broccoli, but the cook time is a lot quicker, which makes organizing dinner that much easier and faster. With most air fryers, you don’t have to preheat them like you do the oven, so you save a lot of time. Also, you don’t have to heat up your whole kitchen with your big oven, just let your air fryer do all the work!
What You’ll Need
The ingredients you’ll need to prepare this roasted broccoli are relatively simple. Feel free to play around with the seasonings to satisfy your own tastes:
- Broccoli: I used 1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets. Florets will cook more evenly so I prefer to cut the stems off.
- Avocado Oil: Other cooking oils like canola or olive oil will work well, too.
- Sesame Oil and Soy Sauce: To give it all that great Asian flavor.
- Seasoning: I like to add in garlic powder, ground ginger, and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Garnish: Sprinkle sesame seeds on top!
How to Make Asian Roasted Broccoli in the Air Fryer
There are three quick steps to getting a big bowl of this crispy broccoli on the table. Keep in mind that different fryers may have slightly varied cooking times.
Combine the Ingredients: Place the broccoli florets in a large bowl. Add all ingredients except sesame seeds and toss until well combined.
Fry the Broccoli: Transfer the broccoli to the basket or trays of an air fryer and air fry at 400°F for 8 to 10 minutes, shaking or switching trays halfway through.
Garnish: Remove the broccoli from the air fryer and garnish with sesame seeds before serving.
Tips for Success
As you can see, prepping this broccoli is a breeze. Here are a couple of other tips to keep in mind before getting started:
- Making the Broccoli Ahead: You can totally cook this broccoli ahead of time. Once it has cooled, keep it in the fridge in an airtight container, and reheat when needed – I recommend using the air fryer to get it crispy again.
- Using Frozen Broccoli: If you don’t have fresh broccoli, this recipe can be made with frozen. Season it the same way, but leave it in the air fryer for a little bit longer than 8 minutes to ensure that it cooks all the way through. (It probably will not turn out as crispy, but it will still taste great.)
- Seasoning Substitutes: For broccoli with subtler flavor, simply prepare it with the avocado oil and garlic powder. Then, top with grated parmesan or lemon juice, and enjoy!
What should you serve with air fried broccoli? Here are a couple of my go-to ideas:
- Chicken: Broccoli always goes with chicken – baked, barbecued, broiled, or otherwise. This is my favorite baked chicken recipe and we serve it often with this Asian style broccoli.
- Seafood: I think this side dish would pair perfectly with your favorite salmon recipe.
- Soup: Asian roasted broccoli would be a great side for this Wonton Soup with Homemade Dumplings!
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
Store this broccoli in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
To reheat, put the broccoli back in the air fryer at 400°F for a couple of minutes. You can also spread the florets out on a pan and reheat them in the oven, instead.
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Place the broccoli florets in a large bowl. Add all ingredients except sesame seeds and toss until well combined.
- Transfer the broccoli to the basket or trays of an air fryer and air fry at 400°F for 8 to 10 minutes, shaking the air fryer basket or switching trays halfway through.
- Remove the broccoli from the air fryer and garnish with sesame seeds before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 468mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Want to Save This Recipe?
more air fryer recipes
Looking for more easy air fryer recipes? Check out these ones:
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Steak Kabobs
- Crispy Brown Sugar Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Air Fryer Hot Honey Chicken
- Air Fryer Shrimp
- Air Fryer Baked Potato Recipe
- Air Fryer Fried Avocado
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.