This refreshing Frozen Key Lime Pie is full of citrus flavor for the summer! It’s an easy no bake treat that’ll have the whole family asking for seconds.
The Best Way to Make Key Lime Pie in the Summer
This 5 ingredient key lime pie is the summer dessert recipe you’ve been waiting for! It only takes 10 minutes to prepare and there’s no need to turn on the oven. If you’re a fan of key lime pie, you have to try this recipe!
This cool and creamy treat is guaranteed to cool you down on a hot day. The citrus flavor of the pie pairs perfectly with its sweet and crunchy graham cracker crust.
What is Key Lime Pie & Why Make a Frozen Version?
Key lime pie has 3 main components – a graham cracker crust, a tangy key lime custard filling, and a fluffy whipped cream topping. This classic American dessert is often baked, but it can also be made without the use of an oven or stove.
And that’s exactly the case for this version. It doesn’t require any baking or cooking, so it’s perfect for the summertime. Frozen key lime pie is cool, refreshing and delicious!
- Cream Cheese: Soften your cream cheese before starting on your pie.
- Lime Juice: You’ll need to juice about 3 and a half key limes.
- Evaporated Milk
- Powdered Sugar
- Graham Cracker Crust: Use a pre-made 10 inch graham cracker crust.
How to Make Frozen Key Lime Pie
- Make Key Lime Filling: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with a hand mixer until creamy. Add the lime juice, evaporated milk and sugar. Beat to combine, about 2 minutes. (Filling should not be lumpy. If it’s lumpy, the cream cheese was not soft enough. Simply microwave the filling at 30 second intervals and continue to beat until smooth.)
- Assemble Pie: Pour the pie filling into your crust and smooth it out with a spatula. Freeze for 4 to 24 hours.
- Add Whipped Cream Layer: Take your pie out of the freezer about 15 minutes before you want to serve it. Top with whipped cream, serve and enjoy!
- Try it With a Meringue Topping: A lot of people prefer a meringue topping to a whipped cream one when it comes to key lime pie. This recipe tastes delicious with a meringue topping too!
- Add Coconut: Top your pie with toasted coconut for extra flavor and texture.
- Serve With a Sweet Cocktail: Every summer dessert deserves to be served with a fruity cocktail! The sweetness of my Pineapple Coconut Mojitos lends itself well to the tartness of this pie.
How to Store Leftovers
Store leftover key lime pie in a sealed freezer bag or airtight container in the freezer. Your pie will stay good for up to a month! Just be sure to thaw it on the counter for 15-20 minutes before serving it. The longer it’s stored in the freezer, the longer it’ll take to thaw out.
Do I Have to Use Key Limes?
No, you can use regular, everyday limes for this recipe and still get the same great flavor! Regular limes are more easily available and are usually cheaper as well. However, if you can get your hands on them, key limes are always great to use.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice (about 3 1⁄2 limes)
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 10 inch graham cracker crust
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with a hand mixer until creamy. Add the lime juice, evaporated milk and sugar. Beat to combine, about 2 minutes. (Filling should not be lumpy. If it is lumpy, the cream cheese was not soft enough. Simply microwave filling at 30 second intervals and continue to beat until smooth.)
- Pour pie filling into crust and smooth out with a spatula. Freeze for 4 to 24 hours.
- Take pie out of the freezer about 15 minutes before you serve it. Top with whipped cream and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 399Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 309mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 6g
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.