Graham Cracker Crusts are used in so many dessert recipes, from classic pies to creamy cheesecakes! With just 4 ingredients, you can have a beautiful, golden crust for whatever dessert you choose.
The Best Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
I know, I know. Where’s the filling? But here’s the thing. A great pie crust is the secret to the best pies, whether they’re no bake or just your classic apple pie. This Graham Cracker Crust is the base you need to fulfill your wildest dessert dreams.
Using just 4 ingredients, you can form this homemade pie crust in just about 20 minutes – once you have that, then we can talk pie fillings!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this easy graham cracker crust:
- Graham Cracker Crumbs: you’ll need about 11-12 sheets. If you don’t have a food processor you can crush the graham crackers by hand.
- Granulated Sugar: adds sweetness to the crust.
- Salt: omit if you are using salted butter.
- Unsalted Butter: will hold the crust together.
How to Make a Graham Cracker Crust
Blend: Crush graham crackers in the food processor until fine, and add to medium bowl.
Stir: Add sugar and salt, stir to combine.
Melt: Melt butter in microwave safe bowl, stir to cool.
Mix: Add butter to graham crackers and mix until well combined.
Form Crust: Press mixture into pie shell or springform pan.
Refrigerate: Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
How Long to Bake Your Crust
To bake the crust, preheat the oven to 325 degrees and bake for 8-10 minutes. Let it cool before filling.
Tips for the Best Graham Cracker Crust
Read through these tips for some help with the best homemade graham cracker crust:
- Crushed Graham Cracker Crumbs: If you’d rather skip the food processor or crushing the graham crackers by hand, you can buy store brand graham cracker crumbs instead.
- Baked Crust is Less Crumbly: If you want to make a no bake pie, that’s totally fine, but know that the crust will be a little bit more crumbly when you’re slicing the pie.
- The Trick to an Evenly Distributed Crust: First use your fingers to spread the crumbs out, and then use the measuring cup to press them firmly into place.
- Brown Sugar vs Granulated Sugar: you can use either, it’s personal preference. 🙂
How to Store Homemade Pie Crust
After you’ve baked the pie crust and let it cool, you can wrap it in plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container. It will stay good in the fridge for about a week. This will also work if you haven’t baked the crust and want to save it for a no bake pie/dessert recipe.
Can You Freeze Graham Cracker Crust?
Definitely! Once the pie crust has cooled, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or put it in an airtight container. It should keep for 2-3 months in the freezer.
Easy Pie Filling Ideas
Now that you have the pie crust, what are you going to fill it with? There are so many choices! Here are a couple of my favorite fillings to get you started:
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs, about 11-12 sheets
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Crush graham crackers in food processor until fine, add to medium bowl.
- Add sugar and salt, stir to combine.
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl, stir to cool.
- Add butter to graham crackers and mix until well combined.
- Press mixture into pie shell or springform pan.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. **
**Crust can be made ahead. Keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze until ready to use. Thaw before filling.
To bake the crust, preheat the oven to 325 degrees and bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool before filling.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.