Graham Cracker Crusts are used in so many dessert recipes, from classic pies to creamy cheesecakes! With just 4 ingredients, you can have a beautiful, golden crust for whatever dessert you choose.
Easy Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
I know, I know. Where’s the filling? But here’s the thing. A great pie crust is the secret to the best pies, whether they’re no-bake or just your classic apple pie. This Graham Cracker Crust is the base you need to fulfill your wildest dessert dreams.
Using just 4 ingredients, you can form this homemade pie crust in just about 20 minutes – once you have that, then we can talk pie fillings!
What Goes into this Pie Crust?
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this easy graham cracker crust. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for specific amounts.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs: You’ll need about 11-12 sheets. If you don’t have a food processor you can crush the graham crackers by hand.
- Granulated Sugar: You can also use brown sugar.
- Salt: Omit if you are using salted butter.
- Unsalted Butter
How to Make a Graham Cracker Crust
Not only does this pie crust recipe have just 4 ingredients, but it’s also super simple to make! Here’s how to do it:
- Blend: Crush graham crackers in the food processor until fine, and add to medium bowl.
- Stir: Add sugar and salt, stir to combine.
- Melt: Melt butter in microwave safe bowl, stir to cool.
- Mix: Add butter to graham crackers and mix until well combined.
- Form Crust: Press mixture into pie shell or springform pan.
- Refrigerate: Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
To Bake or Not to Bake?
There are two ways to use this crust. Baked or unbaked.
I usually bake the crust before adding my filling because it holds up better this way, in terms of staying together when you slice into the pie you’re making. But you could also use it without baking, especially if you’re doing something like a no-bake icebox pie.
- To pre-bake the crust: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and bake for 8-10 minutes. Let it cool before filling.
- To use with a baked pie: If you’re using this in a recipe where you are going to bake the pie, then I would not pre bake the crust, I would add my filling and then bake as directed in the recipe.
Filling Ideas for Using Your Crust
Now that you have the pie crust, what are you going to fill it with? There are so many choices! Here are a couple of my favorite fillings to get you started:
- Lemon Pie – Make the crust, add the pie filling and then bake as directed.
- Key-Lime Pie – This recipe uses graham cracker crust.
- Banana Pudding Pie – Pre-bake your crust, let it cool, then fill it with banana pudding and chill.
- Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake – This recipe uses graham cracker crust so just follow the directions!
- Instant Pot Cheesecake – Another easy recipe that uses this graham cracker crust recipe.
Tips & Variation Ideas
Read through these tips for some help with the best homemade graham cracker crust:
- Crushed Graham Cracker Crumbs: If you’d rather skip the food processor or crushing the graham crackers by hand, you can buy store brand graham cracker crumbs instead.
- Baked Crust is Less Crumbly: If you want to make a no bake pie, that’s totally fine, but know that the crust will be a little bit more crumbly when you’re slicing the pie.
- The Trick to an Evenly Distributed Crust: First use your fingers to spread the crumbs out, and then use the measuring cup to press them firmly into place.
How to Store
After you’ve baked the pie crust and let it cool, you can wrap it in plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container. It will stay good in the fridge for about a week. This will also work if you haven’t baked the crust and want to save it for a no-bake pie/dessert recipe.
Can You Freeze Graham Cracker Crust?
Definitely! Once the pie crust has cooled, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or put it in an airtight container. It should keep for 2-3 months in the freezer.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs, about 11-12 sheets
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Crush graham crackers in food processor until fine, add to medium bowl.
- Add sugar and salt, stir to combine.
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl, stir to cool.
- Add butter to graham crackers and mix until well combined.
- Press mixture into pie shell or springform pan.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. **
**Crust can be made ahead. Keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze until ready to use. Thaw before filling.
To bake the crust, preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool before filling.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.