These decadent honey roasted carrots only need six ingredients and are super simple to make! Ready in just 30 minutes, this sweet and savory side dish and will brighten up your taste-buds and your plate.
Why You’ll Love This Honey Roasted Carrot Recipe
This roasted carrot recipe is a cinch to make and a pleasure to eat! Here’s why you will love them:
- Simple: With only 6 simple ingredients, you’re almost guaranteed to have everything you need to make this recipe tonight.
- Flavorful: Simple ingredients like garlic, salt, pepper, and honey take carrots’ natural sweetness and turn it into a savory side dish you’ll love.
- Colorful: This side dish brightens up any table with its beautiful orange hue. Add a little chopped fresh green parsley and they are perfectly festive for the holidays!
- Sweet & Savory. The natural sweetness of carrots is bumped up with a drizzle of honey while garlic brings a savory flavor to the dish.
For a sweeter version made with brown sugar, check out my recipe for candied carrots cooked on the stove top.
What You’ll Need For Honey Glazed Carrots
Here’s a quick look at what you’ll need. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card for ingredient amounts.
- Carrots: I find whole carrots to have more flavor, but they do require you to peel and chop them. To save time, you can use baby carrots instead.
- Honey: Be sure to use standard “drippy” honey, not creamed honey or raw honey.
- Olive Oil: While I used olive oil, avocado oil or even coconut oil will also work well.
- Seasoning: Garlic powder, salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
How To Make Honey Roasted Carrots
These roasted carrots with honey come together in a snap. Here’s a quick overview of how to make them. For the full recipe, be sure to scroll down to the recipe card.
- Prep: Preheat the oven and peel and chop your carrots.
- Combine: Place your carrots in a bowl with the remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
- Spread: Spread the carrot mixture evenly over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper,.
- Roast: Bake until golden brown and fork tender.
- Serve: Serve topped with some fresh herbs, like parsley, and enjoy!
Tips & Variations
I love this recipe because it is so versatile and is easily customizable. Try different spices or root vegetables that suit your family’s favorite flavors.
- No Honey? No problem. Try using maple syrup in place of honey.
- Honey crystallized in the jar? Place the jar in a bowl of warm water to help melt the crystals.
- Eat the rainbow. Try using different colored carrots to add even more color to your table. Carrots can be found in purple, yellow, orange, and even white.
- Change up the main ingredient. Try other root vegetables such as parsnips, rutabaga, or even turnips. Cubed butternut squash is also delicious when roasted in this honey mixture!
- Spice it how you like it. Try changing up the spices by using onion powder, ginger, minced garlic or thyme. If you like thing spicy, try a dash of cayenne.
What To Serve With Roasted Carrots with Honey
This recipe for roasted carrots with honey is a great side dish, but you’ll want something more to go along with it. Try some of these great recipes.
- Smothered cube steak recipe is a hearty and flavorful compliment to my sweet and tender carrots.
- Crockpot whole chicken is another recipe that will have your house smelling amazing. Nothing says comforting dinner to me like roast chicken with vegetables.
- Crispy salmon patties are great when you’re not in the mood for chicken or beef. They come together quickly and you’ll have dinner on the table in no time.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
If you have extras, you can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- Reheat in a microwave in 30 second bursts, until warmed throughout.
- Reheat in an oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes, until warmed throughout.
Honey Roasted Carrots
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces, or baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper, set aside.
- Place carrots in a medium sized bowl. In a small bowl, whisk to combine honey, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Drizzle the honey mixture over the top of the carrots and toss to combine.
- Spread the carrots evenly on the lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, until the tops become golden brown.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.