This Loaded Carrot Bundt Cake is an ultra moist carrot cake made with pineapple, nuts and raisins. Drizzled with a whipped cream cheese frosting and dusted with cinnamon, this carrot cake has got it all!
Loaded Carrot Bundt Cake
I have been a carrot cake fan since way back when.
Something about those little orange flakes, the spiced moist cake and cream cheese icing totally does it for me.
I realized the other day that I had never shared my recipe for Carrot Cake – in all the 10 years here.
How did I let that happen??
Probably because most times I make carrot cake I am quickly inhaling it as soon as it cools. Just being honest!!
But this time I promised myself I would take my time and grab a few photos for all of you.
This cake is a wonderful carrot cake base. You can do a lot with it and change it to your preferences.
You can add the pineapple, raisins (black or golden) and nuts (walnuts or pecans), or it is still a decadent carrot cake without any of those added.
I like to make a light and fluffy whipped cream cheese frosting to drape across the top when making it as a bundt cake.
Then I always sprinkle a little extra cinnamon on top.
Or, you can bake it into two or three layers and frost it with the cinnamon cream cheese frosting on my Banana Dream Cake.
You can easily switch it up to fit your preferences and it is always a big hit at parties!
For the Loaded Carrot Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 2/3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound fresh carrots, peeled and finely grated
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
For the Whipped Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Make the Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 10-inch bundt pan with baking spray or butter and flour it. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cloves. Set aside.
- In large bowl whisk together vegetable oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Beat in flour mixture until well combined.
- Fold in carrots, pineapple, nuts, and raisins. Pour cake batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, until center is set and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely (in bundt pan) before inverting onto cake plate.
Make the Icing & Assemble
- While cake cools, prepare icing. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat powdered sugar, cream cheese, heavy cream, and vanilla extract for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Place in a piping bag (or a zip-lock bag with the corner cut off) and pipe on to top of cooled cake. Dust with cinnamon and serve immediately. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Makes 12-15 slices.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 650Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 420mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 3gSugar: 47gProtein: 7g
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.