Pumpkin Nutella Swirl Muffins
I have held out as long as I could. It’s September 19th and I am officially breaking out all of the pumpkin recipes.
Jorge and I were grocery shopping a couple days ago and there was a giant glorious stack of Libby canned pumpkin taller than my head.
I really did try to walk by it. I averted my eyes and tried to concentrate on the spices I was looking for…but the idea was planted there in my head. PUMPKIN.
So I proceeded to grab as many cans as I possibly could and shoved them all into the cart as fast as I could.
If you look back into my past archives for pumpkin recipes, you will see that I really don’t have all that many.
To be perfectly honest, I haven’t shared too many recipes because I feel like there are already SO many out here.
Besides my Pumpkin Dream Cake, I really don’t feel like there are too many totally original things I could do.
However, there are a few recipe ideas I have been thinking about this year. For starters, these Pumpkin Nutella Swirl Muffins.
They are based on the now infamous Nutella Banana Swirl Muffins, but a few things are switched up for the Pumpkin flavor.
I wanted these to be all Pumpkin & Nutella with no other flavors to make sure to not take away from that.
However, if you really want to, you can add pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon to the batter.
But I will say they are just perfect the way they are – I think cinnamon would take away from the nutella and pumpkin combination.
These take less than 30 minutes to make and are the absolute perfect breakfast or snack.
We made them for Sunday breakfast and snacked on the leftovers all week.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar. Beat in egg, vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture, until there are no lumps.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Top each muffin with about 1 teaspoon of Nutella and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter.
- Bake muffins for 14-16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
recipe note: if your Nutella is older or you are having issues spreading it — just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 muffins Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 12mg Sodium: 184mg Carbohydrates: 27g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 14g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g