Meet the Quarantini – An easy Lemon Honey Martini with emergency vitamin C! It’s the most delicious way to boost your immunity. Quarantini and chill anyone?
Looking for more delicious cocktails to have something to look forward to after these long days? Check out my refreshing Peach Bellini, tropical Pineapple Coconut Mojito or my Boozy Jolly Rancher Slushies.
The Quarantini Drink
You can’t find toilet paper, everyone is stuck in the house from school and work and the whole family just got into a huge fight over your 100th game of monopoly. What are you going to do? How about we make a Quarantini and chill!
The alcohol kills the germs. The local honey and lemon boosts your immunity. And the optional added pack of emergency vitamin c — that can also be used to rim the glass — is just an added bonus!
We are living in unprecedented times, so we might as well follow the rules, stay safe, wash your hands, share your toilet paper and enjoy a delicious Quarantini while you are at it.
What is a Quarantini?
Well, first and foremost, it’s a drink you drink in lockdown. Literally any drink you are drinking, you have my permission to call it a Quarantini on principle.
The initial thought behind a Quarantini was that it’s a martini that you drink alone in your house when under lockdown. Then my husband and I joked about adding toilet paper (which is worth more than gold in our current economy) and emergency Vitamin C packs. Next thing I know, it’s taken the internet by storm and the famous Quarantini was born and now has a huge following on the #Quarantini hashtag on instagram.
Below you will find a killer recipe for a Honey Lemon Martini with optional powdered Vitamin C along the rim or mixed into the cocktail. However, if you aren’t into a martini, go ahead and call any drink you’re currently enjoying a Quarantini if you are busy social distancing.
Quarantini Drink Ingredients
You luckily only need a few ingredients to make this Quarantini. This is perfect since the stores are sold out of everything and in epic chaos currently. I bet you already have everything you need.
- Vodka (or gin)
- Optional Vitamin C
Can I use gin in my Quarantini?
You can use vodka or gin. And sure, if you want to you can even use rum. You know what, go ahead and grab whatever is left in the liquor cabinet and add it to the martini shaker. After the first couple, you won’t taste it much anyways, right?
How do I add the emergency Vitamin C?
Don’t worry, I didn’t forget about your emergency Vitamin C! You can add it in a few different ways to this Quarantini recipe:
- Rim your glass with Vitamin C. Place vitamin c on plate, wet the edge of the martini glass by running a lemon wedge around the edge and then press into vitamin c. You can also run water or honey around the edge of the glass.
- Add it to your Quarantini. Add it directly to the shaker of your martini and shake away.
- Take it straight. Take a straight shot of your vitamin c before taking a big drink of your quarantini. I don’t recommend this, but it’s really entertaining to watch others do this. We gotta get our kicks where we can these days, right?? 😉
How to make a Quarantini?
It’s simpler than you thought! Just 3 easy steps till you are drinking your Quarantini:
- HONEY SYRUP: Microwave honey and water and stir until you have a honey syrup.
- SHAKE: Add vodka, lemon juice and honey syrup to a martini shaker. Whisk to combine. Then add ice and shake it.
- STRAIN: Strain into an iced martini glass that has been rimmed with powdered Vitamin C, if desired. Enjoy in your house all by yourself.
All joking aside, local honey, vitamin c and fresh lemon really are natural immunity boosters.
However, this post is mostly in jest. This recipe for my favorite Honey Lemon martini is delicious, but it is not magic and will not protect you. You should still stay home and wash your hands. However, it will make your nights on lockdown a little more fun.
Before you comment below, I’d like to share a disclosure: I am not taking our current predicament any “less serious”. Instead, I’m following the rules! I’m just a mom stuck in the house, for weeks with my kids, trying to enjoy myself on a Friday night.
So laugh with me as we all try to stay smart and safe at home. Oh, and please for the love of all that is holy, stop stock piling toilet paper!!!
When you try this recipe, please leave a review or comment below letting me know how it turns out. Cheers to you all, let’s stay healthy together.
P.S. If you need some really easy family dinner recipes with just limited ingredients in the coming weeks, here are a few of my families favorites: Sloppy Joes, Chicken Souvlaki and Creamy Chicken Parmesan.
- 3 oz vodka (or gin)
- 2 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 packet powdered vitamin c
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave honey and water for 60 seconds and stir to combine. Allow to cool for a few minutes. Add 2 cups ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Add vodka, lemon juice and honey mixture to a martini shaker. Whisk to combine. Then add ice to top.
- Shake, and then strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist if desired.
- ADDING VITAMIN C: If you want to add vitamin c, you can add it directly to the shaker when you add the rest of the ingredients or you can rim the chilled martini glass with vitamin c.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 0g
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.