Feel like you’re on vacation, anytime! This gorgeous Watermelon Lemonade is made in just minutes, using your favorite lemonade concentrate and fresh chunks of ripe watermelon. It’s a summery treat you’ll crave year-round!
Easy Lemonade with a Spa-Like Twist!
Are you looking for an easy way to pamper yourself? Well, definitely add this easy lemonade to your list of flavorful, refreshing treats. As far as I’m concerned, it’s right up there with cucumbers over your eyes. Plus, it tastes better!
And not only is this perfect watermelon lemonade a refreshing treat for you, it’s sure to be a beloved family favorite, as well! You’ll find yourself making it often, I promise—especially when summer comes around (or when you would like to pretend it has!). Made with real fresh watermelon and cold lemonade, it’s a simple drink that’s perfectly sweet, sour, and fruity, with the honeyed taste of fresh melon.
This Watermelon Lemonade Is…
- Easy to Make
What Ingredients Do I Need?
My recipe for watermelon lemonade is so very simple, with only four ingredients. Which is one reason why it’s fun to make! You can pull it together in literally minutes, and it’s perfect every time. Here’s the rundown:
- Lemonade Concentrate: Yes, lemonade concentrate! It’s great to keep on hand for a quick, cold, refreshing treat. If you don’t want to use concentrate, you can make your own lemonade or use your favorite ready-made lemonade. You may need to add extra lemon juice to make it strong enough.
- Watermelon: Cut some pieces of fresh watermelon into small cubes. Pro tip: to choose the best watermelon, look for on that feels heavy, sounds a little bit hollow when you thump it (never watery), and has a golden-yellow spot on one side.
- Water: Cold water is needed, for mixing with the lemonade concentrate. Filtered water typically gives the best flavor.
- Garnishes: I like to garnish my pitcher of lemonade with fresh lemon slices and mint sprigs.
How Do You Make Watermelon Lemonade?
To make this, you’ll need to puree the watermelon and strain it. This gives you beautiful, sunset-colored watermelon juice that’s smooth, not chunky! From there, you’ll add it to your lemonade, and voila! Watermelon lemonade that looks and tastes just heavenly.
- Combine the Lemonade Concentrate and Water. Pour your partially thawed lemonade concentrate into a pitcher. Add the water, and stir it with a big wooden spoon.
- Puree the Watermelon and Strain It into the Pitcher. Place your cubed watermelon into a blender, and let it blend for about a minute, until it’s fully pureed. Arrange a fine mesh strainer over your pitcher of lemonade, and pour the blended watermelon through the strainer. This will remove all the seeds and pulp, giving you a smooth drink. Stir well.
- Enjoy! Serve your watermelon lemonade over ice, garnished with lemon slices and fresh mint (if using).
My Favorite Tips and Variations
You can take this basic recipe and spin it a number of juicy, delicious ways, if you want to! It’s great as-is, or you can try one (or more, or all!) of these flavorful variations. Or make your own twist, and share it in the comments!
- Make It Minty: Muddle (crush with a wooden spoon) a handful of mint leaves in the bottom of the pitcher, for an ultra-refreshing twist on this easy lemonade.
- Make It Sparkling: Instead of plain water, use your favorite sparkling water for a delightfully fizzy drink.
- Make It Boozy: For a fun adult beverage, add 1.5 ounces of vodka, gin, or tequila to each glass of ice prior to pouring the watermelon lemonade in!
Yummy Ideas for Serving
I think this lemonade is just perfect on its own, but if you’d like to make it into more of an afternoon snack, I don’t blame you! It’s so tasty, it kind of deserves a little bit of a “party” atmosphere! Here are some of my favorite easy snacks to go along with a tall glass:
- Cookies: A simple sugar cookie is always nice with lemonade, but if you’d like to dial up the flavor, try these well-balanced White Chocolate Key Lime Cookies instead!
- Banana Cake: A little more elevated than its cousin, banana bread, this moist and light Banana Cake makes a gorgeous afternoon snack, especially with fresh watermelon lemonade.
- Goat Cheese Garlic Bread: The perfect savory option, this flavorful Goat Cheese Garlic Bread is a warm, buttery crostini-style snack with melted mozzarella and tangy goat cheese. Yum!
Storing Leftover Lemonade
You can store this easy watermelon lemonade in the refrigerator, or the freezer. Here’s how to do it:
- To refrigerate, just cover the pitcher well and store in the fridge for up to two days.
- For longer storage, freeze the lemonade in an airtight container for 1 to 2 months. Be sure to leave enough space in the container for the liquid to expand as it freezes (abou 1 inch is plenty). Thaw in the fridge, and stir well before serving.
- 1 12 oz container frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- 3 cups water
- Lemon slices
- Mint sprigs
- Pour partially thawed lemonade concentrate into a pitcher. Add 3 cups of water, and stir to combine.
- Place watermelon cubes into a blender, and blend for about 1 minute. Place a fine mesh strainer over the pitcher, and pour the blended watermelon through the strainer to remove seeds and pulp.
- Stir the watermelon lemonade mixture well to combine.
- Serve over ice, with lemon slices and fresh mint (if desired).
More Beautiful Beverages
- Homemade Bubble Tea Recipe
- Pineapple Coconut Mojito
- Peach Moscow Mule
- Boozy Jolly Rancher Slushies
- Loaded Bloody Mary
- Best Coquito Recipe
- Sparkling Blackberry Mint Agua Frescas
- Best Mojito Recipe
- Frozen Peach Bellini
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.