Not in the mood to make anything too difficult, but still craving comfort food? Our Mini Chicken Pot Pies are here to save the day! These buttery biscuits are piled high with juicy chicken and creamy gravy – and they’re ready in just 20 minutes.
Why You’ll Love This Mini Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
These mini chicken pot pies are a fast and easy dinner that is still packed with flavor and very filling. They are family approved — all three of my kids gobble this one up — and require little work on my part! Here are just a few reasons to fall in love:
- Super Easy: You. Guys. You’re in for a treat. As much as we love a traditional chicken pot pie, these mini chicken pot pies are totally irresistible and way easier to make. So, if you’re like us, and you don’t always have time to roll out the dough for a full-size chicken pot pie, make these 20 minute chicken pot pies instead!
- All That Flavor: They’ve got juicy chicken, a good variety of veggies, a little ranch flavoring, and a creamy gravy/sauce, which is all placed on top of a golden-brown biscuit. Is your mouth watering yet?
- Kid Friendly: These little biscuits are a huge family favorite in our household. Everyone loves them from kids to adults! And, it’s a great way to sneak in some veggies!
Are you loving the idea of even more pot pie recipes? You’re also going to love our skillet chicken pot pie with biscuits, our easy beef pot pie recipe, turkey pot pie, and our delectable chicken and dumplings casserole!
What You’ll Need
Find the following 8 ingredients to make these chicken pot pies. Note: if you have leftover cooked chicken, this is your opportunity to use it up! Scroll down to the recipe card for exact amounts.
- Refrigerated Biscuits: Grab an 8-count tube of whatever store brand biscuits you have. You could also use our very delicious homemade biscuits if you want!
- Dry Ranch Mix
- Cheese: We’ll be using cream cheese and shredded cheddar.
- Frozen Vegetables: Grab any brand of mixed vegetables you like.
- Chicken: Use a rotisserie chicken or make our best shredded chicken!
How to Make Mini Chicken Pot Pies
Making these mini chicken pot pies is a breeze. Just pop the biscuits in the oven, cook the filling in a sauté pan, and then put it all together on top of the biscuit – all done within 20 minutes! Check out the recipe card for detailed instructions.
- Prep: Preheat your oven to 350°F (or temperature stated on the package of refrigerated biscuits) and place the raw biscuits on a baking pan.
- Cook Biscuits: Brush the biscuits with melted butter and sprinkle a pinch of dry ranch mix on top of each before placing them in the oven. Cook for about 13- 16 minutes until they’re golden brown.
- Mix: While the biscuits are cooking, let’s make the filling! Heat the cream cheese and milk together and then add in the ranch mix and shredded cheese. Mix that together fully and then add in the frozen veggies and chicken. Continue to stir and heat up the filling for another 5-7 minutes until everything is warmed through.
- Assemble: Once the biscuits are cooked, split them in half lengthwise. Pour a generous scoop of the chicken mixture over the bottom piece of biscuit and cover with the top piece of biscuit. Serve immediately!
Tips for Best Results
Looking for some tips on constructing these mini chicken pot pies? Check out these:
- What Chicken to Use: We used cooked chicken breast but you can also use rotisserie chicken or even canned chicken.
- Gravy/Sauce Substitution: If you want to skip the cream cheese and milk mixture, you could just use cream of chicken soup and mix the chicken and veggies into that.
- Cheese Substitutions: If you don’t have cheddar, Colby or Monterey Jack will also work.
What to Serve With Mini Chicken Pot Pie
You could honestly serve these tasty morsels all on their own. But if you want to create a more complete meal, don’t stress! Here are some great ideas to inspire you!
- Salad: Leafy greens like this Greek salad go great with our mini chicken pot pies.
- Other Vegetables: Even though these have some frozen veggies in the filling, a nice side dish always adds to the meal! We suggest a side of oven roasted potatoes, green beans, air fryer corn on the cob, or broccoli!
- Mashed Potatoes: To soak up that creamy sauce with of course! Or, you could pair the pot pies with these delicious instant pot mashed sweet potatoes.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
The filling in these mini chicken pot pies holds up really well in both the fridge and the freezer. Here’s how to handle those leftovers.
- Refrigerate: To store leftovers, we like to store our filling and biscuits separately, otherwise they will get very mushy. Remember this when serving, don’t fill all your biscuits unless you think you will eat them all!
- Reheat: When you want to reheat the biscuits, pop them in the toaster oven/regular oven for a minute or two for best texture, or simply microwave. For the filling, we reheat it in the microwave, stirring often.
- Freeze: It makes the most sense to freeze the chicken pot pie filling in one airtight container, and make the biscuits fresh each time. We would suggest you thaw and eat the leftovers within 3 months.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
Mini Ranch Biscuit Chicken Pot Pies
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuits, 8 count
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons, dry ranch mix (more depending on taste), divided
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups mixed frozen vegetables
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- Preheat oven to 350°F (or temperature stated on the package of refrigerated biscuits). Place biscuits on a baking pan.
- Brush biscuits with melted butter and sprinkle a pinch of dry ranch mix on top of each biscuit before placing them in the oven. Cook for approximately 13- 16 minutes, or according to the directions on the biscuit package.
- While biscuits are cooking, prepare the filling. In a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat the cream cheese and milk, until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add the remaining dry ranch mix (about 1 tablespoon worth) and shredded cheddar cheese and mix till well combined. Cook, while stirring, for approximately 2 minutes until the cheese is completely melted.
- Next, add the frozen mixed vegetables and cooked and shredded chicken. Continue to heat mixture for approximately 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables and chicken are warmed all the way through.
- Once biscuits are cooked, remove from the oven. Split each biscuit in half lengthwise. Pour a generous scoop of the chicken mixture over the bottom piece of biscuit and cover with the top piece of biscuit. Serve immediately!
More EASY dinner ideas
Here are some more simple yet delicious dinner ideas!
- Crockpot Whole Chicken
- Instant Pot Beef Tips
- Best Baked Chicken
- Slow Cooker Turkey Taco Soup
- Meatball Sub Casserole
- Crispy Brown Sugar Chicken Legs
- Easy Beef Stroganoff
- Chili Mac
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.