Reese’s Peanut Butter No-Bake Pie
Reese’s Cups. Peanut Butter. Chocolate. Whipped Cream. PIE. This Reese’s Peanut Butter is my new favorite no bake dessert! It all starts with a chocolate crust and a layer of whole Reese’s Cups in the bottom of the pie. Then you whip up a layer of light fluffy peanut butter filling, chocolate topping and whipped cream. Of course, it’s all topped with more Reese’s Cups just to really put it over the top.
No bake desserts are all I want to make this time of year. It’s so dang hot here in Florida that you are dying of heat exhaustion before you even make it to the mailbox. I bought the girls a little plastic pool for the back yard to try and keep them cool over the next few months and they sit in it the entire time we are outside!
My girlfriend Sam has been making a version of this pie for years for get togethers and potlucks. I absolutely love it and have finally gotten around to sharing it with all of you. It’s seriously one of my favorites — I am always begging her to make it.
I followed her version really closely, however I added the layers of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups…because as most of you know, they are my favorite candy! If you love Reese’s Cups as much as me, make sure and check out my Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies, Reese’s Pieces Cupcakes and Reese’s Dark Chocolate Cake!
This pie is an awesome make ahead dessert for a party. You can whip it up and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before you are ready to serve it. If you plan on transporting it, make sure and save the plastic lid that comes with the pie crust. Just invert it on top and it makes the perfect lid for your pie!
Reese's Peanut Butter No-Bake Pie
- 1 chocolate pie crust
- 24 unwrapped Reese’s Cups, divided
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 12 oz cool whip or whipped cream (whipped into stiff peaks), divided
- 1 (11.75 oz.) jar smucker’s hot fudge topping
- Line bottom of pie crust with whole reese’s cups in a flat layer. I was able to fit 10. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat peanut butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in 8 oz of cool whip or whipped cream into peanut butter mixture by hand, until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into pie shell and smooth mixture to edges of pie using a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Heat hot fudge topping for 1 minute in microwave. Stir. Pour on top of cake and spread until it reaches the edges.
- Cool pie until set, about 2 hours.
- Once pie is set, spread remaining whipped cream over hot fudge layer. Chop up the remaining Reese’s cups and sprinkle on top.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve!